Is it time to replace your roof…are you considering a metal roof?
Metal roofing has become increasingly popular here in Miami. Today we’re sharing nine things to consider when making your decision.
Some Benefits of Metal Roofing
Metal roofs bring homeowners many benefits, including durability. They are also weather- and fire-resistant, making them a great choice for homes in areas that experience severe weather conditions, such as here in southern Florida.
Metal roofs can also help decrease energy costs, as they keep your home cooler in the summer by reflecting the sunlight. They also have an average life expectancy of 30-50 years! When compared to asphalt shingles, which have a life expectancy of approximately 10-15 years, metal roofs are a smart investment.
Not only are they long-lasting, but they are also more environmentally friendly and need less maintenance. There are numerous factors to consider when purchasing a metal roof. In today’s post, we’re sharing nine things to keep in mind.
Top 9 Considerations to Keep in Mind When Buying A Metal Roof
As a homeowner, you know that when you’re in the market for a new roof, there are a lot of elements to consider. Metal roofs are becoming increasingly popular for good reason in that they offer several important benefits over traditional Miami roofing systems. If you are thinking about buying a metal roof, here are nine things to keep in mind.
1. Climate: The climate of the area where you live is an important consideration when buying a metal roof. Metal roofs work well in most weather conditions, and it should be able to withstand the weather situations in your area. For instance, if you live in a place where it rains a lot, you will need a metal roofing system that can withstand the rain.
2. Cost: When considering the purchase of a metal roof, it’s important to keep the cost in mind. Metal roofing systems are typically more costly than traditional roofs, but they are a very wise investment in the long run. There are several factors you should consider when making the decision whether or not to purchase a metal roof. Two of them include the cost of maintenance and the cost of installation.
3. Installation: Metal roofing installation requires highly skilled Miami roofing contractors.
4. Weight: Because the roof is one of the most important elements of a home, it must be able to withstand whatever the elements subject it to. We find that a lot of homeowners prefer metal roofs because of their durability. And even though metal roofs are a great option, homeowners should take their weight into consideration before making the decision to purchase one.
One potential advantage of metal roofs is their weight. Many homeowners are surprised to learn that metal roofs are one of the lightest roofing materials. Standing seam metal roof systems in most cases weigh between 1 to 3 pounds per square foot. The actual weight is dependent upon the metal gauge and profile of the panel.
5. Fire resistance: When contemplating the purchase of a metal roof, it is important to consider whether you want your roof to be fire-resistant. Some metals, such as copper, have higher fire resistance than others, such as aluminum. If you reside in an area that is disposed to wildfires, this is an important consideration when it comes to your roof.
6. Energy efficiency: Discuss the energy efficiency of a metal roof with your roofing contractor before making the decision to purchase it. Because they reflect sunlight and heat away from the home, metal roofs are known for keeping the property cooler during the summer months.
7. Styles and colors: When thinking about purchasing a metal roofing system, it is important to consider the styles and colors that you have to choose from. While some homeowners might prefer a modern look, others may want something a bit more traditional. Metal roofing systems are available in a variety of styles and colors, so you will need to take the time to decide what is best for your home.
8. Longevity: With proper maintenance, Miami metal roofing systems can last for up to 30-50+ years. In comparison, other roofing materials, like asphalt shingles, typically only last 10-15 years. In addition, metal roofs are more resistant to pests and weathering, making them a more durable option over the long term.
9. Material: When thinking about purchasing a Miami metal roof, you need to consider the material, as each type of metal has its own drawbacks and benefits. The most common types of metal roofing we install are galvalume, copper, and aluminum.
Here in Florida, a metal roof is a wise investment for your most prized possession.
It saves you money on energy costs and adds value to your property. It can provide years of durability and protection, making it a smart choice for homeowners.
Confirm that your contractor is insured and licensed, and be sure to get a strong, comprehensive warranty on the roof. By keeping these nine considerations in mind, you can ensure that you’re making the best decision for your home and your family.
If you’re considering a metal roof for your home or business, trust the experts at Istueta Roofing and their decades of experience. To make sure that your new metal roof is expertly installed using the highest quality products, call us today at (305) 671-9190 or click here to schedule a consultation.