Over the past years, flat roofs in Miami, FL, have consistently been engineered to be more stylish, durable, and strong. This has significantly improved some of their common issues. However, you need to have regular roof maintenance performed to ensure it’s functioning at its best.
As a homeowner, you know that the roof is possibly the most fundamental aspect of your home. Professional maintenance is essential when you count on it to keep you and your family dry, sheltered, and cool and to ensure that it does.
Small, easy-to-fix issues can turn into more severe and costly problems if your roof is not inspected regularly.
View this post on Instagram
Flat Roof Maintenance: Avoid These 4 Flat Roof Problems
As a rule of thumb, a roofing professional should perform a comprehensive roof inspection twice annually, and maintenance must be completed at least once yearly.
Planning regular inspections with a trusted roofing company in Miami, FL, is highly recommended. Under the expert eye of a professional, no issues will go unnoticed.
These are some common issues that typically arise with flat roofing systems.
1. Blistering: This occurs when patches of the roofing material begin to separate and become sponge-like and raised, which is caused by either air or moisture in the felt layers or poor installation. Blistering can also damage the waterproofing capabilities of your roof.
2. Clogged Gutters: When debris collects in the gutters, it can easily cause extra weight on your roof and even damage or puncture it. When gutters get clogged, water cannot drain properly, and the materials can begin to decay. While this may seem like a minor problem, disregarding it can cause much more severe issues.
3. Leaks: can be fairly common, and if detected early on, they can be fixed quite easily.
When it comes to flat roofs, water often pools more easily, whereas it would run off immediately from roofs with an incline (with insulation). If left undetected, the water could possibly infiltrate and damage the material below.
4. Loose Flashing: Your roof’s flashing is a metal band placed at the points where the roof connects with another surface. Flashings often come loose, so this is one of the most usual checks a roofing professional would perform, together with inspecting the roof membrane and seams to ensure they are watertight.
The Benefits of Regular Flat Roof Maintenance
Residing in areas like Miami, FL, that experience intense weather conditions such as humidity, rain, wind, and heat means that any roof will encounter wear and tear. After all, your roof is an investment in the well-being of your home or property, and maintaining it properly will save you time and money in the long run.
Routine maintenance by a roofing professional in Miami, FL, will ensure the following:
- The inspector can identify and possibly prevent blisters, clogs, damage, leaks, etc.
- You have peace of mind that your roof is in the best condition it can be.
- You have a recorded history of proper roof maintenance, should you need to file an insurance claim.
- The lifespan of your roof is prolonged.
If you have noticed any of these issues with your flat roof, don’t hesitate to contact Istueta Roofing in Miami, FL. We can inspect your roof and determine the most effective home and bank account plan.
Contact Istueta Roofing today to schedule a professional roof consultation by calling us at (305) 671-9190. You can also schedule online here. For some examples of our work, view our online portfolio.