If you haven’t already seen our video, you won’t believe what we found when we arrived at this homeowner’s property to remove the old ceramic tile roof.
Before you view this video, there are a few things we’d like you to know:
- The video was shot three years ago in 2011 and currently has over 4 million views on YouTube.
- This homeowner had been dealing with these bats for over three years and had contacted several organizations to have them safely removed, but with no luck.
- Although bats are an integral part of the ecosystem, especially here in Florida where they eat their fair share of mosquitos and bugs, bat droppings (guano) can be extremely toxic and dangerous to human health.
- We had no idea these bats were living under the tile and were extremely cautious as we discovered more and more bats with each tile we removed.
- Once we realized that these bats were living there, we removed the tiles as carefully as we could to make sure as few bats as possible were harmed (we’re not bat removal experts; we’re roofers).
- We replaced this roof with a Galvalume standing seam roof, and as far as we know, the bats have not returned.
One thing is for sure: this video shows that you never know what might be hiding under your roof!