In just a few short days, everyone will be rushing around trying to get all their Christmas decorations up for everyone to see!
At Istueta Roofing, we want to make sure that you achieve your holiday decorating goals and don’t land yourself in the E.R. during the process!
Our helpful holiday decorating guide will give you what you need to know to stay safe and insure Santa will be safe this holiday season, too!
It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
First and foremost, safety should be at the top of your list! No holiday decoration is that important that you should be unsafe while trying to hang it!
Before you get started, visit Little Giant Ladder’s website and take a quiz to find out which ladder you will need! There are a few different models that are best suited for different jobs.
You can even purchase your very own Little Giant Ladder when you’re done taking their helpful quiz! Which I highly recommend! They are hands down, the best ladders around! They offer a lifetime warranty and come in silver and black!
I purchased my first Little Giant Ladder at the Miami Home Show so many years ago I can’t even remember how long ago it’s been!
So now that we have covered all that, here are some helpful tips to get your safe holiday decorating started:
- Remember, don’t place your ladder next to ANYTHING electrical!
- Keep your ladder on secure and level ground before you ever step onto it.
- Place the base of your ladder one foot away from the wall for every four feet it will extend up to.
- Keep yourself centered on the ladders rungs and keep both feet on the ladder at all times.
- Never stand on the top two rungs of your ladder
- Use a “buddy” system when using a ladder to get onto your roof. Have an adult at the bottom holding the ladder steady.
Christmas is Brighter Without an E.R. Visit!
Holiday decorating can be a great family activity, but not if safety isn’t involved! We’ve all seen National Lampoons Christmas…right?! If not, we’ve added a clip below! Don’t be that guy!
For added safety, NRCA has put out a mobile ladder safety app that you can download by clicking here: http://www.nrca.net/RoofingNews/niosh-releases-ladder-safety-app-for-mobile-devices-.6-24-2013.3076/Details/Story
Click the link below if you are wanting to increase the value of your home in a safe manner.